Kay's Reviews > The Chef

The Chef by James Patterson

did not like it
bookshelves: james-patterson, audiobook, overdrive, fiction, mystery, dnf

DNF : 68%
This is a review of audio book version, I didn't like this book, didn't enjoy it at all. I wasted close to 7 hours listening to this. Maybe interactive FB messenger was good, not this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chef.

February 18, 2019 – Started Reading
February 19, 2019 – Shelved as: fiction
February 19, 2019 – Shelved as: mystery
February 19, 2019 – Shelved as: dnf
February 19, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Tim (new)

Tim Thanks, Kay. I will be sure to remove this loser from my, "to read," list.

message 2: by Kay (new) - rated it 1 star

Kay Story with setting from the south drawn me to it. Was hoping for a good collaboration.

message 3: by Tim (new)

Tim I understand. My condolences for the letdown.

message 4: by Kay (new) - rated it 1 star

Kay 😂

message 5: by Ben (new)

Ben Denison Thanks for the comments. Removing from my list. Patterson’s so hit and miss. A couple of the original series I still like, but not having much success with new stuff

message 6: by Kay (new) - rated it 1 star

Kay Yes Ben, my thought exactly.

message 7: by Sue (new)

Sue Thanks for the confirmation Kay! I'm 5 hours in to the audio version and I thought it was just the narrator but I cannot stand this character. I'm giving it back to the library without finishing. You saved me another 4:45 hours.

message 8: by Kay (new) - rated it 1 star

Kay Sue wrote: "Thanks for the confirmation Kay! I'm 5 hours in to the audio version and I thought it was just the narrator but I cannot stand this character. I'm giving it back to the library without finishing. Y..."
Sorry to hear you didn't like it either. Oh well, the next great book is waiting!

message 9: by EA (new) - rated it 1 star

EA I agree with your review. I thought this was terrible. Patterson seemed to do even less than phone it in!

message 10: by Kelli (new) - rated it 1 star

Kelli Ann This audiobook is one of the worst I've ever listened to. Not only is the story terrible, but the narrator makes it worse. It has been painful to listen to, but I'm determined to get through it. I've earned that finished book rating!