Nay Denise's Reviews > Malice

Malice by Pintip Dunn

Received an eARC for review from the publisher.

Going with a 3.75 star rating for this book. This was a pretty good sci-fi novel with futuristic aspects blended with a slight mystery. The writing was great, the characters were cool, I just didn't connect with them 100% so that's why I couldn't give it a full 4 star rating.

Alice was such a confusing girl. She seemed to be easily swayed by her future self into doing things that were morally wrong. She did seem to have a good head on her shoulder, but with so much going on in the future and not really understanding or truly living in the present she goes haywire.

Bandit is a boy that's obnoxious, but also sweet. As much as I found his remarks cringe worthy, I ended up truly enjoying him and how sweet he was with Alice. The way he interacts with Alice was funny.

Archie is the younger brother of Alice who is scared deeply by the disappearance of their mother. He is the epitome of a child going semi-serial killer. He stayed true to his nature from beginning to end.

Charlie was aggravating and evil. I cannot stand him! Other, older Alice was frustrating! Overall, this was a good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Malice.

February 19, 2019 – Shelved
February 19, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
January 29, 2020 – Started Reading
January 31, 2020 –
55.0% "It's pretty okay. Not sure where on the spectrum I'm falling with this. Alice's older self is a bit suspect. Bandit is fun. Younger Alice seems foolish. Interested to see how it all unfolds."
January 31, 2020 – Finished Reading