Anna Tan's Reviews > A Cloud by Day, a Fire by Night: Finding and Following God's Will for You

A Cloud by Day, a Fire by Night by A.W. Tozer

bookshelves: christianity, e-books, review-copy

A Cloud by Day, a Fire by Night is a compilation of A.W. Tozer's sermons around Exodus as compiled and edited by James L. Snyder.

Starting off with seeking God's will in your life, each of the 23 sermons is a compact reminder that as God brought the Israelites out of Egypt and into the Canaan with visible, tangible signs of His presence, God will also lead you through your wilderness into the place that He has prepared for you. He doesn't promise it will be easy, doesn't sugarcoat it with the platitudes common in church nowadays, emphasising instead that the journey will be hard and there will be many things that discourage us and disappoint us on the way, and that obedience often means surrender and sacrifice as well.

It's easy to get distracted and to give up, but remember that God goes before you, and stands behind you, providing the cloud by day and a fire by night to get us to where we're meant to be. If you need affirmation of God's truths and guidance to understanding God's will for your life, this is a good book to pick up.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers via Netgalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Cloud by Day, a Fire by Night.

February 19, 2019 – Shelved
February 19, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
February 19, 2019 – Shelved as: christianity
February 19, 2019 – Shelved as: e-books
February 19, 2019 – Shelved as: review-copy
February 21, 2019 – Started Reading
March 2, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Jenni (new)

Jenni Ho-Huan am thinking of getting it for my adolescent!

Anna Tan Jenni wrote: "am thinking of getting it for my adolescent!"

Good choice!