Jessica Alcazar's Reviews > Beauty in the Broken: A Diamond Magnate Novel

Beauty in the Broken by Charmaine Pauls

bookshelves: pauls-charmaine, pr-give-me-books, 2019-blog-tour-read, 2019-favorite

Jesus Christ on a cracker … wow.

I just burst out laughing because I was about to write “holy dark/twisted greatness batkids” but that doesn’t even scratch the surface of what I just read. If I use those words to describe what this story emanates, you’re not going to get the correct idea. BECAUSE IT IS SO MUCH MORE.

If you’re a sensitive reader (and by sensitive, I mean you want your fiction to be gumdrops and rainbows because if you wanted real life, you’d just … I dunno what, but I know you know what I mean), walk away now. This isn’t for you. Seriously. Just walk away. You’ve been warned.

This book took me longer than expected to finish. NOT because I wasn’t balls to the wall invested in every word of the story, but because I had to take mini breaks, or I might give myself a stroke. The story itself is powerful and the prose is charged. That’s the easiest way to make you understand. The author will pull you into this story and as you read, you will feel like it’s happening around you. Like you’re right there as it all happens. There aren’t that many authors I’ve ever read that can accomplish that; this is one of them. She’s managed to do it with every book I’ve read of hers. She is unstoppable in her talent.

Okay, so let’s talk about the journey to HEA for Damian and Lina. There is a lot to their story. So much so that you might even be tempted to think “too much” or “unnecessary drama”, but I can assure you, it is none of those things. Yes, there are a lot of twists in this story you must keep up with, but the author has done an impeccable job of layering every single one to make a smooth transition into the next. There is so much darkness to both Damian and Lina, that I had to remind myself this was a standalone LOL I had serious doubts about their HEA on many occasions but then I realized something … They may have been two people full of darkness, but they were each other’s light. They were each other’s redemption.

I can’t give you a play by play of this journey because … well, there’s too many LOL But I can say the title of this book is spot on to this journey. It’s a beautifully broken path of two people destined to find light thru darkness. It’s rough and it’s not pretty, but it is magnificent. #TRUST

Copy provided for blog tour review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beauty in the Broken.

February 19, 2019 – Shelved