Nicole M. Hewitt's Reviews > Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels

Cold-Case Christianity by J. Warner Wallace

Everyone in my small group really loved this study. It gives a unique perspective on the scriptures and digs into the heart of why we can trust the New Testament Gospels as eyewitness accounts--not just because we've been told the Bible is the word of God but because of factual evidence. I learned an immense amount about the specifics of the Gospels and why they hold up under scrutiny. Wallace's background as a cold-case detective gives him a uniquely qualified perspective--he's used to examining testimony and eyewitness accounts to look for falsehoods and he came at his investigation with a skeptical point of view. I'd read The Case for Christ years ago and worried that the information here might be too similar (or too basic), but I was pleasantly surprised by how the different perspectives led to very different investigations (even if they both led to the same conclusion).

I highly recommend this book to any Christian who wants to be able to express not just what they believe, but why they believe it (and also for skeptics who want to understand why someone would believe in the miracles as described in the New Testament).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cold-Case Christianity.

February 19, 2019 – Started Reading