Gaby's Reviews > Homicide In Hardcover

Feb 04, 2012

bookshelves: cozy-mysteries, read-2012, contemporary
Read from February 07 to 10, 2012

Posted at Oh My Books!

It has been a while since I read a cozy mystery, and I missed them so much. Homicide in Hardcover has raving reviews..so it was the perfect candidate to get my cozy vibes again.

Brooklyn Wainwright loves books, that's why her job is to restore old books. She's one of the best in the field, thanks to her old mentor. It has been a while since they talked, but the night they finally did (and left all hard feelings behind), he was murdered and died in her arms. Of course she's the main suspect and wants to clean her name, but she also wants to find the murderer.

I don't know why, but I couldn't stop thinking that Brooklyn looked as Sheldon's girlfriend from The Big Bang Theory tv show. I just couldn't help it! But anyway, Brooklyn is a great character. She's independent, very funny, loves to eat, and she's good at what she does. She has a curiosity for books that I can relate to... although mine haven't got to the point of stealing.

While trying to figure out who is the murderer, she becomes involved with hot and drop-dead gorgeous..oh, and British! Derek Stone. He's in charge of the security of the Goethe's Faust (the book her mentor was restoring when he was murdered), and he's going to follow Brooklyn because she's the main suspect, and maybe exchange some kisses :P

I had a good time reading this book. I thought it was very funny, with lots of LOL moments, many crazy/great characters and an acceptable mystery (but still easy to have ideas of who was the killer), I definitely recommend it!

BTW, have you read this book? Can you remind me how Brooklyn really looks like?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Homicide In Hardcover.