Jackie (Jackie's Book World) 's Reviews > Best Laid Plans

Best Laid Plans by Lauren Blakely

1996907
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World.***

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lauren Blakely has outdone herself again with her latest release Best Laid Plans. Is it no secret that I love me a good friends-to-lovers book and adding Lauren Blakely in the mix just makes it that much more magical for me. She is my go-to when it comes to good romantic comedies and she did not disappoint in this book. Best Laid Plans was witty, romantic and full of sizzling moments to leave you wanting for more.

At the beginning of the book we get to meet Arden East, owner of A New Chapter, a bookstore in Lucky Falls. As a book and a wine lover, Arden is able to give people wine recommendations with certain books. It is her passion that has made her successful in career, but not so much in her love life. She is the good girl that guys take home to meet their parents and she loves that. That is until her boyfriend breaks up with her because there is no spark in the bedroom that leaves her wondering what it would be like to explore her naughty side. She needs someone she can fully trust and after her breakup, Gabe Harrison has been her rock and biggest supporter. He knows everything about her and as her best friend she trusts him fully enough to ask for his help. Arden knows that they can’t be intimate, but there is nothing wrong with a little sex-ploration, she just needs to get him to agree first.

As a firefighter, Gabe Harrison is used to saving lives but when Arden asks for his help he doesn’t know what to do. He has always had a crush on her and exploring her naughty side has his head going wild, until she tells him that they will not be intimate that has him thinking of ways to get her to that point. He knows that she trusts him fully enough to ask him, but when he finally gives him Gabe starts to feel differently towards her. He’ll have to figure out if their sex-ploration could lead to something more or potential ruin their friendship forever.

I absolutely loved reading this book! Gabe is sweet, charming and protective towards Arden. He truly is a good friend to her. On the other hand, Arden is smart, funny and has no problem asking for help. She is a quick learner, but when she discovers just how much she enjoys being with Gabe, she’ll have to figure out if pursuing a relationship with him is worth it or not. I was hooked from beginning to end! It was fun reading their sex-ploration and how it all ends at the end. I would highly recommend reading this book and any others by the author, it will not disappoint! <3

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Best Laid Plans.

January 25, 2019 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
January 25, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
February 18, 2019 – Started Reading