Jenny (Reading Envy)'s Reviews > More Than Words

More Than Words by Jill Santopolo

liked it
bookshelves: read2019, netgalley, ebooks, reviewcopy

I wanted to try this author after her last novel was highlighted by Reese Witherspoon. It's solidly in women's fiction bordering on romance.

Nina works in politics but is destined to take over the family business, a lucrative hospitality corporation in NYC. As her father approaches the end of his life, she is confronted with the truth of what happened in her childhood and has to decide who she wants to be. I liked the quick chapters, female crisis of identity, and the attraction to one character. I would have liked the characters more if they hadn't been the 1%, but that's a personal preference. I suppose for me, it's harder to take a crisis seriously if a character has money to fix it.

This came out February 5 and I had a copy from the publisher through netgalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Than Words.

February 18, 2019 – Started Reading
February 18, 2019 – Shelved
February 19, 2019 –
February 19, 2019 – Finished Reading
February 22, 2019 – Shelved as: read2019
February 22, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley
February 22, 2019 – Shelved as: ebooks
February 22, 2019 – Shelved as: reviewcopy

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Alexander I would have liked the characters more if they hadn't been the 1%, but that's a personal preference.
This keeps happening to me, the older I get.

message 2: by Dale (new)

Dale When did Reese Witherspoon become an arbiter of things literary?

Jenny (Reading Envy) Dale wrote: "When did Reese Witherspoon become an arbiter of things literary?"

I think it was all part of the marketing campaign for her self help book, by then she had people convinced see? I am a book person! Now buy my book!