Elaine's Reviews > Tomboy

Tomboy by Avery Flynn

32020643
This is the third book in the Hartigans series but it works well as a standalone - and is a brilliant read IMHO!

Fallon Hartigan is the heroine in this story, a nurse who not only works at St Vincent's Hospital but volunteers at a medical centre for those who find it difficult to pay as well. She's also the person that Lucy, Fallon's best friend and future sister-in-law, calls when her client, the ice hockey star Zach Blackburn, needs some care and attention because he has flu - or is it? Now Lucy is his PR but Fallon definitely isn't his biggest fan as he's not made the promised positive impact on the Ice Knights team results and Fallon is a huge Knights fan.... Fallon also is used to dealing with her brothers so Zach's attitude doesn't frighten her away and both are reluctantly attracted to the other but adamant not to give in to that attraction. When the paparazzi photo her leaving, there's going to be another game to be played!

Avery Flynn writes fun, heartwarming stories with fiesty heroines and damaged heroes who need help and support to enable them to open up and let love have a chance. This is a laugh out loud and enthralling read that I thoroughly enjoyed. I've only recently started to watch ice hockey (Go Sheffield Steelers!!) and I actually learnt more about the game and tactics through reading this so that definitely added to my enjoyment. However, I don't think you need to be interested in ice hockey to delight in this romance in which a determined young lady helps heal a strong man who has secrets of his own as they discover love together.  This is a great addition to the series and I have to say that I've thoroughly enjoyed all three of them and have no hesitation in highly recommending them all.

I requested and was given a copy of this book, via NetGalley. This is my honest review of the book after choosing to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tomboy.

January 31, 2019 – Started Reading