Tari's Reviews > Killer in the Carriage House

Killer in the Carriage House by Sheila Connolly

bookshelves: netgalley, july-2019-ereader-challenge

The timeline in the book was picking up fairly soon after the last one, and now it was time for Kate to propose her idea for a Victorian Village to the town council and town gathered that night. She knew she'd have her work cut out for her, but she didn't expect to find another dead body so soon. Kate and her friend Nell's grad student Carroll found a young guy dead in the library. Later in the book, they found out what if any, his connection was to the Barton papers that Carroll had rescued from the Barton Mansion attic.

I enjoyed this trip back to Asheboro, MD and could just picture the town, even though it's not supposed to be much to picture at this point. I had a suspicion about who the killer was, but I had no idea why. Kate and Josh seemed to be growing a little closer, her ex-boyfriend Ryan who owned the B&B where she was staying was just a good friend now (he came in handy as an attorney for their project), and Kate's bestie Lisbeth was involved in the project too. Kate, Josh and Lisbeth did the main sleuthing though, and they do make a great team. I hope that Josh decides not to cut ties with Asheboro when his caretaker's position is over. It'll be interesting to see how they pull off the Victorian Village project in the time frame that Kate was hoping for, so I'm anxious to read on in the series!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killer in the Carriage House.

February 18, 2019 – Shelved