Jessica (BookRockGoddess) Bolton's Reviews > Friends With Boys

Friends With Boys by Faith Erin Hicks

Feb 03, 2012

Read on February 03, 2012

This book contains: Humor, Violence, A Ghost and Family Drama. Received for review From Netgalley

Plot:
This is a graphic novel about a girl who has been homeschooled her entire life until highschool. Now she has to start highschool without any friends because all she had were her brothers growing up. Too top it all off her mother has let the family so she have her to turn to for support or guidance. Then there is this ghost that she has been seeing since she was little. All she wants if to have a normal ghost free life and maybe even make a few friends.

Characters:
The characters feel real and so does the family dynamics. You have the twins trying to find out who they are separately then the other brother who is a drama geek. A father trying to be there for his kids after a new promotion at work and his wife leaving him. Lastly you have the main character who blames herself for not being able to keep her mother from leaving. You also, have this twist of a ghost who has been following the girl around since she was young.

My Thoughts:
This was a really good graphic novel. I like the art a lot and the character were very likeable. I am still a little confused on the ghost but I am looking forward for further installments that will help me with understand the ghost better. I recommend this graphic novel to anyone who wants a more realistic graphic novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Friends With Boys.