Lindsay's Reviews > Tomboy

Tomboy by Avery Flynn

bookshelves: romance

This series continues to be well written romantic comedy that addresses the insecurities of the female leads. In this case, that tends to take a back seat because Fallon Hartigan is both too busy to care what other people think and too focused on her own goals to care. Even when she's put under the glare of media attention surrounding the male lead character, bad boy professional ice hockey player Zach Blackburn, it's all pretty much water off a duck's back. Until, of course, it isn't.

Fallon is actually so put-together and self-reliant, it's a little difficult to create drama in the plot and the two character's struggles to resist their developing relationship don't make a lot of sense because of this. But the author does a good job in the end in creating a conflict in Fallon's only real weak spot. That's (view spoiler).

Not quite as good as book two, but the series continues to entertain, and I will be particularly interested in how the author approaches Tess's book (overly literal, socially shy, nerdy and maybe on the autism spectrum somewhere).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tomboy.

February 18, 2019 – Started Reading
February 18, 2019 – Shelved
February 18, 2019 –
4.0% "“Go away. I’d rather die in here on my own than have to deal with a pain in the ass like you.”

“Really? That’s what you’re going with? Oh, hold on.” She started digging through her backpack. “Here it is.” She lifted her empty hand out of the bag and held it palm up, looking down at it with a sweet smile as if she was holding something of astronomical cuteness. “That’s all the fucks I give about what you want.”"
February 19, 2019 – Shelved as: romance