Brenda's Reviews > Devil's Lair

Devil's Lair by Sarah Barrie

Callie and Dale were living happily in the Hunter Valley in NSW, working on their vineyard when the unthinkable happened. After a time, Callie needed to get away, so her friend and associate persuaded her to head to Tasmania to Paisley’s property where she could quietly regain her life, grieving in peace. The stone cottage beside the old mansion was a boon for Callie and popping in on Paisley’s dad Cliff with occasional meals wasn’t difficult. When Callie found herself helping Paisley’s friend Tess with the landscaping at Calico Lodge, she realized her landscaping skills were still in her – she loved working with the dirt and plants; shaping the grounds to look beautiful. She could see her future once again doing something which gave her peace.

But strange events kept Callie awake at night – the dreadful howls of the devils sent chills down her spine; she didn’t feel comfortable inside or around the old mansion. And when ritualistic and gruesome murders occurred and events escalated, Callie felt threatened; she was terrified. Tess’ brother Connor was helping but even he didn’t seem to have any answers. What was going on? Was it connected to her husband’s death? What was she to do?

Devil’s Lair is an incredible psychological thriller by Aussie author Sarah Barrie. Set in the dense Tasmanian bush, the danger and breathtaking imagery jumped off the pages. Tense, gripping – the twists and turns were spectacular. I thoroughly enjoyed the well-crafted characters and loved the story. Highly recommended.

With thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for my digital ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devil's Lair.

February 18, 2019 – Shelved
June 12, 2019 – Shelved as: read-on-kindle
June 12, 2019 – Shelved as: psychological-thriller
June 12, 2019 – Shelved as: suspense
June 13, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

message 1: by Sharon (new) - added it

Sharon Terrific review, Brenda. I have a copy of this one, so I best get to it sooner rather than later. I do love a good psychological thriller :)

message 2: by Diane S ☔ (new)

Diane S ☔ Awesome review, Brenda.

Brenda Sharon wrote: "Terrific review, Brenda. I have a copy of this one, so I best get to it sooner rather than later. I do love a good psychological thriller :)"

Thanks Sharon - you'll love it!!!

Brenda Diane S ☔ wrote: "Awesome review, Brenda."

Thanks Diane :)

message 5: by Libby (new)

Libby Fantastic review Brenda!

message 6: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Excellent review Brenda!!😉💖

Brenda Thanks Libby and Kat!

Kylie D Wonderful review Brenda. It was a good one :)

Brenda Thanks Kylie - that it was!

message 10: by Christie (new) - added it

Christie Paterson I so can't wait for this book

Brenda It's an excellent read Christie :)

message 12: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Gerhardt Griffiths Great review, Brenda! I loved the story too and what a great setting.

Brenda Thanks Sue - yes the setting was eerily perfect!!