KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕'s Reviews > Bennett Mafia

Bennett Mafia by Tijan

bookshelves: 2019-arcs, mafia, new-adult, standalone, 2019-read, 4-stars

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BENNETT MAFIA: Is a full length New Adult novel by Tijan. In this we’re introduced to Riley Bello plus Kai Bennett and his siblings. MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anything by this author I tend to jump on it, she could rewrite the phone book and I’d beg for a copy!!

PAST: At the centre of the story is Brooke Bennett the mafia Princess, she was Riley’s roommate at boarding school when they were in their teens. She tended to be very closed mouth about her family but the photos on the wall told another story entirely. It was one such photo that Riley was drawn to, and that was of Kai, the second eldest brother. He just had more of a presence, he seemed more intimidating than his siblings, everything about him just screamed more. And the fact that they were mafia and ruthless should've screamed keep away, but it seemed to have the opposite effect.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

PRESENT: Today’s news broadcasts a missing person, and that missing person is Riley’s old roommate Brooke. They were no longer roommates, you could even say they were no longer best friends. All that ended thirteen years ago. Riley is no longer the Riley we know, she’s a completely different person. Today Riley goes by the name Raven Hastings, ives with two other roommates, and works at a nursing home where she worked as a nursing aide. But there is so much more to her story.

Kai wants to get to the bottom of his sisters disappearance and he thinks Raven knows more than she's letting on and the only way in his eyes to do that is to kidnap her!!

Our heroine Riley is a strong compassionate fierce character, she will protect those she loves fiercely.

Our hero Kai is a dark, broody, ruthless alpha male and a force to be reckoned with, but he’s also honest to a fault.

I am everything that's bad in this world. You are everything that's good, and I am turning you into me. I hate myself when I look at you. You reflect everything wrong in me, every time I'm inside of you.

Under the same roof these two cannot hide their attraction for each other, it sizzles off the pages, no matter how hard they try to fight it.

Mafia reads are my kryptonite, one of my go to genres of all time, they offer enough darkness, angst, and the romance I need all in a nice package. Finding out Tijan was bringing us another mafia read I was signing up without even reading the blurb, one look at the author sealed the deal.
The only reason why I’m giving this 4 stars and not 5 is the beginning came across stilted, with vast gaps in the timeline, which made it hard for me to connect to the storyline, I didn’t understand their childhood friendship because it was glossed over, but the further i got into the storyline it just flowed ceaselessly, and the pace picked up and that’s when it came into its own for me. I couldn’t put it down. Chapters just flew by. I inhaled it.

* Teaser used is off the authors facebook page *

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bennett Mafia.

February 17, 2019 – Shelved
February 26, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-read
February 26, 2019 – Shelved as: 4-stars
February 27, 2019 – Started Reading
February 28, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Good luck, enjoy, hun!! xx

Richelle Robinson Good luck! I just started as well.

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ I finished it, hope you enjoy it as much as I did

Renata Hi there. Quick question for you...do I need to read her previous series to get into this one or can I just jump in? Sounds great

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Renata wrote: "Hi there. Quick question for you...do I need to read her previous series to get into this one or can I just jump in? Sounds great"

No you should be good to go. I don't think you need to read her previous books to understand this one.

Nikki ღ Navareus Wonderful review, Babe! I might just check this one out! :) xx

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Nikki ღ Navareus wrote: "Wonderful review, Babe! I might just check this one out! :) xx"

Thank you!! Definitely worth a one click!! xox

Eve (Between The Bookends) Fab review, Doll! Any OW drama in this one? :D

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ No this one is a safe read

Eve (Between The Bookends) KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ wrote: "No this one is a safe read"

Awesome, thanks! :D

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Wonderful review, Kat <3 xo

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» TERRIFIC review, lovely! :) xoxo

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-» wrote: "TERRIFIC review, lovely! :) xoxo"

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog wrote: "Wonderful review, Kat <3 xo"

Lozin Awesome review! :) love this book <3

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Lozin wrote: "Awesome review! :) love this book <3

PS. If you like mafia books you should totally read the untamed hearts series by keel moon! Sooo sooo good!"

OHHHHH I'll definitely look it up xox

Forever_meme Great review Kat...starting this one next!!!!

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Thank you!! Happy reading!! 😘