Jenny (Reading Envy)'s Reviews > Seven Practices of a Mindful Leader: Lessons from Google, Search Inside Yourself, and a Zen Monastery Kitchen

Seven Practices of a Mindful Leader by Marc Lesser

liked it
bookshelves: read2019, meditation, leadership, reviewcopy, ebooks

I feel about this book the way I feel about ALL self-help and management books - this does not need to be book length.

If you already know about basic mindfulness tenets, from how to meditate to the usual suspects like breathing/walking/loving-kindness meditation, you already know half this book. If you read the author's bio about how he worked in a zen monastery kitchen and as part of Google's "Search Inside Yourself" workshops, that's another solid quarter of the book which gets included far too often. What's left is some attempt to apply these concepts to leadership. I only wish the focus had gone in the other direction. I feel like most of what the author is writing about as far as leadership goes is really more about how to be mindful in general, and this is useful, but it isn't leadership.

Thanks to the publisher for providing access to this title through Edelweiss.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seven Practices of a Mindful Leader.

February 17, 2019 – Started Reading