Dexter Marshall's Reviews > Shrouded Loyalties

Shrouded Loyalties by Reese Hogan

M 50x66

Shrouded Loyalties is a fast-paced Military ScFi adventure set on a secondary diesel punk world. I absolutely loved the setting! I am really fascinated by the second world war and the world building in this book did a really good job of giving you that feel of the second world war but in a fresh and interesting direction. Another bright spot in the novel are the characters. My favorite is Mila Blackwood one of the protagonists. She is a strong willful headstrong lead with some faults that make her feel very human. Also, the character interactions are beautifully flawed with a mix of emotions, and human mistakes that make the main characters feel human. On occasion you will be given new terms and words specific to the world it can be a lot to take in, but I do feel the author explains these in an interesting and immersive way. Overall, I really enjoyed Shrouded Loyalties, I would suggest this book to anyone who enjoys military fiction, or the second world war but does enjoy a bit of ScFi/fantasy.

*I received an ARC for this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shrouded Loyalties.

February 17, 2019 – Shelved