Silver James's Reviews > Free

Free by Kristen Ashley

bookshelves: 2019-books-read, audio-books, auto-buy-series, dark-and-dirty, keeper, motorcycle, romance, suspense, reread-in-same-year, 2021-books-read, favorite-authors
Read 3 times. Last read February 28, 2021 to March 3, 2021.

Free (Chaos, #6) by Kristen Ashley March '21 re-listen: Why? Because there are two new novellas out/coming out of Chaos Next Gen. I wanted a refresher. I did MOTORCYCLE MAN. Then I skipped ahead to WILD LIKE THE WIND because those novellas belong to Dutch and Jagger, from WLTW. And of course, I had to do FREE because that ends the Last Gen and sets up the Next Gen with Rush in charge. I'd planned to roll straight into the new two books but...I misremembered when WILD WIND releases. As of this writing, it comes out in audio in 4 days. Ah well. Anyway, I still love FREE. And Chaos, and that KA will toss out the occastional treat to hard-core fans.

Nov. '19 re-listen: Yeah. All the feels. ALL. THE. FEELS! Even knowing how it all ties up, I laughed, I cried, I figuratively bit my nails. I cheered and in the end my heart was all gooey and my nose tickle-burning.

I've done what I mentioned in my previous review--I listened to the Unfinished Hero series and the Honey Club series (which is HOT! Like 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 HOT!) I enjoyed both series and might revisit them at a later date. A reader doesn't have to be familiar with the characters from those series to appreciate their roles in this book, but as I usually say, why deprive yourself of the fun? So yeah. Comfort read is almost over. Time for a quick listen to QUIET MAN and then on to something else. I'll repeat it though. THANK YOU, KA. It's still a hellava ride and knowing that Chaos is riding free is a good thing.

Original release review: OMGWTFBBQ! What a way to end this series. All threads tied up--some not so neatly but in a way that fits. Rush and Rebel. Perfect for each other. Cameos by all the players. Peeks at favorite couples. Twists. Turns. Heartbreak. Redemption. Tack and Rush. Tack and Tyra. Tab and Shy. Snapper and Rosalie (and thank all the book gods that ALL the cliffhangers in ROUGH RIDE were FINALLY explained!) All the brothers and their old ladies. Dog and Sheila (who TOTALLY need a novella! Are you listening, Kristen?!?!) Beck/Throttle. And Essence. I'd sit and drink with Essence and trade stories. In a heartbeat! Momma Nana. Now that's one scary b!tch. The total slime that is Valensuela. And Chew. And more.

I'm one of those readers who enjoys all the POVs. I had no trouble keeping up. It might have helped that I did a marathon listen to the entire series (going back to the Dream Man books) before tackling FREE. Now I see that I need to add the rest of the Unfinished Heroes and The Honey Club series to my reading list as well. S'all good. I'll catch up to those characters.

I'm always sad when a beloved series comes to an end. As a reader, I want the stories to go on and on and on. As an author, I understand when it's time to give everyone their HEA and move on. There are other stories and characters out there. And there's always the ability to revisit favorite places and people when the Muse stirs.

Thank you, Kristen, for a great ride. I'm glad to know the brothers and sisters of Chaos (and their extend "family") are all riding free now. And wow...just typing this makes my nose burn and my eyes tear up. Well done, KA. Well done!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Free.

February 16, 2019 – Started Reading