Lisazj1's Reviews > Thrown to the Wolves

Thrown to the Wolves by Charlie Adhara

Three books in and Charlie Adhara has not missed a step yet! Another terrific story, relationship and personal development *though Cooper did give me a bad moment or two, LOL* and the addition of Oliver's family. O.O Though the jury is still out on how great that addition is, it turned out much better than I'd hoped.

I always love books with a mystery/crime and investigation. If the story is good enough, I don't even miss it if the romance is barely there or even not there at all. This author does a fabulous job at balance between the two, neither aspect rules at the expense of the other. Though the investigations are always interesting and exciting, I have to admit that it's Cooper and Park that keep me coming back. Cooper has had so much growth through these three books and Park has come a long way as well, more in being his true self, both the good and the bad *though, like Cooper, I disagree with the bad part*. I adore their romance and am loving the way the author is evolving the relationship. Their communication isn't perfect but they DO talk to each other and accept ALL of each other. *swoony-sigh* (view spoiler)

Though it seems the end leaves an opening to another book (please Charlie?? pleeeease?) the first thing I did this morning was crawl Charlie Adhara's website for info, message her when I couldn't find anything and started stalking *coughcough* following :D her on twitter. Even if her next isn't more for this series, I'm absolutely looking forward to more of her stories!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thrown to the Wolves.

February 15, 2019 – Shelved
April 9, 2019 – Shelved as: alt-universe
April 9, 2019 – Shelved as: kindle
April 9, 2019 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
April 9, 2019 –
59.0% "Dammit Cooper!! 🤨 You’re doing it again."
April 10, 2019 – Shelved as: awesome-paranormal
April 10, 2019 – Shelved as: favorite-author
April 10, 2019 – Shelved as: favorites
April 10, 2019 – Shelved as: friends-and-family
April 10, 2019 – Shelved as: hot-and-sexy
April 10, 2019 – Shelved as: loved-loved-loved
April 10, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Simone LOL. I did exactly the same... Stalk her on Twitter, that is. And since she replied to someone with the same question, that although she's working on something different right now, she's pretty sure that they would be up to one or more adventures in the future. ;-) Great review, Lisa! <3

Shile Amazing review Lisa! I too want another book! And yes the balance between mystery and romance was so well done and that made the story enjoyable. :)

Lisazj1 Simone wrote: "LOL. I did exactly the same... Stalk her on Twitter, that is. And since she replied to someone with the same question, that although she's working on something different right now, she's pretty sur..."

Thanks Simone! 😘 And thanks for the info. I really like CA’s style so I think I’ll like whatever she writes but the possibility of more Cooper and Park makes me so happy! ❤️

Lisazj1 Shile wrote: "Amazing review Lisa! I too want another book! And yes the balance between mystery and romance was so well done and that made the story enjoyable. :)"

Thanks Shile! I agree, those are the kinds of series that I drop everything else and read. As this one was. 😁

Ariana Love your review, Lisa! It is a great series!

Lisazj1 Ariana wrote: "Love your review, Lisa! It is a great series!"

Thanks Ariana. 😘 It absolutely is, and hopefully, not done yet!

Ariana Lisazj1 wrote: "Ariana wrote: "Love your review, Lisa! It is a great series!"

Thanks Ariana. 😘 It absolutely is, and hopefully, not done yet!"

Yes, it feels like there could be more to their relationship development. I'd love to see how they are getting on in the long run!

Lisazj1 Me too! I’d actually like it to at some point go back to all that happened at the end. I’d like to know how all that played out, especially with Park’s family. 😁