Ashleigh's Reviews > Luke

Luke by Madison Quinn

Luke is the first instalment of the Dark Water Security series. A contemporary romance that deals with some dark and disturbing issues, it had me hooked from the very first chapter. While it’s a lot darker than I normally go for, I absolutely loved this story and the characters we meet. Luke and Emily have a connection so strong that it’s believable, despite this being a short and intense read. If you like your romances with added danger, this is a must read for you.

The book opens in a dark place, with Luke held prisoner at the hands of a violent and unrelenting monster. Forced to fit for his life, Luke has all but given up hope of ever escaping. So when his rebellion causes an innocent, fifteen-year old girl to join him in captivity, he puts every last ounce of strength in finding a way to free them both. Ten years later and Luke has made a life himself. A distinguished army service and now running a private security firm, the last thing he needs is to be thrown into the past. Seeing him work with Emily again is so addictive. I was hooked on reading their scenes together and seeing the chemistry fly. Emily is a very different person to the one he remembers, and seeing her so strong was empowering after everything she has been through.

If fear and danger is what you’re looking for, this book ticks all of the boxes. It starts and ends with Emily in hot water, so be prepared for a rollercoaster read. The story deals with some difficult themes, so expect some hard to read moments, especially at the start of the book. The author writes these really well, being respectful but realistic at the same time. Like I said, this is darker than I normally read but I absolutely loved it and will definitely be recommending it to others.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Luke.

Started Reading