Dianne Santiago's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Feb 02, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: illness, death-tragedy, disturbing-plot, ill-fated-love, realistic-fiction, young-adult, reviewed
Recommended for: people who enjoy reading John Green's uncanny novels

This is my first time reading something from John Green. My extreme curiosity made me spontaneously pick this novel amid the long list of books I’ve been wanting to read. “How come it has a staggering number of ratings? Hmmmm… This is a must read, this better be good!” I thought. But unfortunately, after the end, I don’t think I could give this book so much credit just like many people did. Being that it has a remarkable and insightful plot, it didn’t resonate that much. I liked Hazel and the way Augustus call her “Hazel Grace.” I liked Gus for being so sweet, I liked their witty conversations although sometimes I find it over-the-top witty, they don't talk their age or just the typical teenager talks. And of course, I can't hide my frustration at how everything ended. I mourned when Gus died becaue it isn't fair and I don't want him to. That's why I wasn't that amazed, I was depressed. He didn't need to die. Why oh why?!
1 like · flag

Quotes Dianne Liked

John Green
“Books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like a betrayal.”
John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Carla ♥ OMG Dianne!!! he died??? i really am crying right now, i was not expecting that .. i'm currently reading it, btw .. i'm now halfway to the end .. :((