Wynne Katherine's Reviews > The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle

The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton

I did it.

description

I finished the book after days of struggling to get through it.

It's not bad by any means. But this book was just so freaking dense it felt like I was trying to force shove the book down my throat.

There was a whole lot of going back and forth in time. Actually, that's literally what the whole book was about. Going back and forth in time and in between bodies and memories.

Honestly, even having just finished this book 30 seconds ago, if you told me me to summarize simply what happened in this book other than : man has 8 hosts, switches body every day for 8 days, he has to solve the murder of a woman called Evelyn Hardcastle , I wouldn't have been able to do it.

There was just so many things happening all at once, so many characters involved that eventually I just gave up even trying to think and look for plot holes because I was that confused and befuddled by the whole thing. I think somewhere 20% through the book, I just gave up trying to keep up started to go with the flow and stop thinking and trying to figure anything out.

Despite all of that though, the book was definitely original and interesting enough to keep me engaged all the way till the end despite how dense it was.

Blog : Me, in all of my writing glory

Youtube : And sometimes I talk about random shits here

IG : and IG account where I mostly use it to stalk pretty humans

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle.

February 14, 2019 – Shelved
February 14, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
February 21, 2019 – Started Reading
February 21, 2019 –
2.0% "How lost do you have to be to let the devil lead you home?

February 22, 2019 –
23.0% "‘I’d call him the devil if I thought this place anything so mundane as hell.

description"
February 25, 2019 –
41.0% "‘Who are you?’ I ask the darkness, unable to keep the tremor from my voice.

‘A friend.’ It’s a man’s voice, muffled and deep.

‘Friends don’t lurk in the gloom,’ I say.

‘I didn’t say I was your friend.’

February 26, 2019 –
73.0% "‘People are murdered every day,’ I say. ‘Righting one wrong can’t be the only reason for all of this.’

‘An excellent point,’ he says, clapping his hands together in appreciation. ‘But who’s to say there aren’t hundreds of others like yourself seeking justice for those souls?’

‘Are there?’

‘Doubtful, but it’s a lovely thought, isn’t it?’
February 26, 2019 –
92.0% "‘The rules don’t apply to me.’

‘Why?’

‘Because I chose to come here,’ I say, rubbing my tired eyes. ‘I came here for you.’

‘You’re trying to rescue me?’ she says incredulously, the glass shard dangling by her side, forgotten.

‘Something like that.’

‘But you murdered me.’

‘I never said I was very good at it.’
February 26, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Simone (new)

Simone I'm glad it was still a 4-star-read despite some issues. 🤗 Fab review, babe! 💕

message 2: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Awesome review!💖😉

message 3: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Wonderful review sweets ;) xoxo

message 4: by Shile (new)

Shile Yay! 4 stars is a win. Fantastic review babe! xoxo

Wynne Katherine Shile wrote: "Yay! 4 stars is a win. Fantastic review babe! xoxo"

Thank you babe! xx

Wynne Katherine Wendy wrote: "Wonderful review sweets ;) xoxo"

Thank you lovely! xx

Wynne Katherine Kat wrote: "Awesome review!💖😉"

Thanks Kat! :)

Wynne Katherine Simone wrote: "I'm glad it was still a 4-star-read despite some issues. 🤗 Fab review, babe! 💕"

Me too! Thank you love! xx