Allyson Taylor's Reviews > The Lightning Conjurer: The Awakening

The Lightning Conjurer by Rachel Rener

The Lightning Conjurer: The Awakening was an amazing read, absolutely great debut from this author. It's written from the perspective of Aspen, an early to mid-twenties woman with no memory of who she is.

I sincerely enjoyed that this 'finding out who you are' novel was written from an older perspective, I would call this New Adult (versus young or just plain adult) as it is a sense of discovery with more mature undertones and higher stakes. I don't want to spoil too much of anything because honestly the secrets and hidden information along with their revelations are what make this book so great. But I will say that it made me feel like I didn't need to be eleven years old waiting for my Hogwarts letter to come to have something likewise amazing and interesting happen in this character's life.

In short, really refreshing storyline and plot, very minimal formatting errors (I did not find any typographical errors!) so I definitely feel that this indie book is high quality and well worth the read. Plus, look at her amazing new cover! I cannot wait for the next to come out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lightning Conjurer.

January 28, 2019 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
January 28, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
February 13, 2019 – Started Reading