Dianne Santiago's Reviews > Under the Never Sky

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Feb 02, 2012

bookshelves: sweet-romance, swoon-worthy-guys, recommended-to-me, young-adult, dystopian, reviewed
Recommended for: fans of dystopian novels

"A million ways to die. One way to live."

Veronica Rossi's debut novel "Under the Never Sky" is one amazingly exciting dystopian fiction that would surely leave you wanting for more. One of the things I love about dystopian novels is the way a whole new world is introduced but at the same time, it does not feel so out-of-reach because yeah! we're talking about post-apocalyptic time, Hello future! So i'm glad to say that this one is a cool new society. From the very beginning, I became so fascinated by the Realm. There's no pain, no risk, no problem in this society. They have their smarteyes that could take them wherever they want whenever they want. Their life is the literal definition of aversion to the dark realities people often face. It may seem like the an incredible utopia, but a closer look would make you see otherwise. The heroine, Aria is very likeable as well as Peregrine a.k.a. "Perry." He has this spirit in him that never gives up, fights for what he believes in, and protects the ones he love. The ending, however, was the kind of cliffhanger I didn't want to read about. I was dumbfounded when my eyes caught the acknowledgement part because I was expecting and wanting it to be more. Well, I cannot tell details any more than I want to because that would spoil the story. So let me just tell you that this is a worthwhile read, I enjoyed every bit of it. My eager hands can't wait to grasp the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under the Never Sky.