Ivana - Diary of Difference's Reviews > A Court of Thorns and Roses

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

28198445
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

#1 A Court of Thorns and Roses - ★★★★★

Here I am people! I can hang out with the cool kids now that I’ve read the book. It felt like I was hiding in a cave until now, refusing to read Sarah J. Maas, thinking the hype is too forced. But to be honest, this book surprised me a lot. I enjoyed it with all my heart, and even though I wouldn’t cry and scream over it, I am very pleased that I read it, and I just can’t wait to read the rest of the series.

A Court of Thorns And Roses is a story about a young lady, Feyre, who is a huntress and goes out in the woods to hunt food. The more she hunts, the better her family can eat. And when one day she kills a wolf, she learns the hard way that killing a magical creature has its price…

She is imprisoned in an enchanted court and she is free to walk around, but not allowed to escape. The creature that captures her is a beast with fighting skills, with a mask on his face and piercing eyes that make her heart beat fast.

As Feyre starts to grow warmer about Tamlin, danger lies nearby and secrets are all over the place, and Tamlin and his kind might not be who she thought they were.

Fighting to break a curse that might make her lose her true love forever, Feyre must fight with all her forces, but she is just a weak human in this faerie world. Will she be able to make it?

I have to start with mentioning that the beginning was extremely slow and I was almost on the point of asking all of these people why they love this book so much. But once the plot started revealing itself, and a few twists happened straight away, I was glued to my sofa, reading page after page.

It gives us a slight resemblance of the Beauty and the Beast, even though the plot is quite different. There is a powerful beast who locks the girl, and they fall in love, but there is so much more twists, adventures and danger that I can’t compare them beyond that.

I loved Feyre, for the fierce woman she is. I loved the fight she had in herself, despite being a tiny human in a world of powerful magical creatures. I loved the fact that she would stand up for what she believes in, no matter the consequences, though sometimes, quite recklessly done.

I loved Tamlin, and his warmth despite his cold appearance. The way he cared for Feyre was so heartwarming and cute. The love they feel for each other, and those scenes that made me cry – I will cherish that!

I am not sure how I felt about the ending – it was a bit forced, and too soppy, but it opened a space for another book, which I will be reading soon.

A wonderful magical tale, a fierce woman, a fiercer love, and even fiercer danger, this one won’t let you sleep at night, and it will haunt you to find answers. A true masterpiece!

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Court of Thorns and Roses.

February 13, 2019 – Started Reading
February 13, 2019 – Shelved
February 13, 2019 –
page 255
60.86% "All these pages in one sitting. This book is so good!"
February 14, 2019 – Shelved as: genre-young-adult
February 14, 2019 – Shelved as: recommended-by-friends
February 14, 2019 – Shelved as: not-owned
February 15, 2019 –
page 355
84.73% "This book has been so good so far.

A few points I found weak, but apart from that, I am really impressed and really enjoying it!"
February 17, 2019 –
page 419
100.0% "Finished - review coming soon."
February 26, 2019 – Shelved as: fantasy-fairies
February 26, 2019 – Shelved as: format-print
February 26, 2019 – Shelved as: genre-romance
February 27, 2019 – Shelved as: genre-fantasy
February 27, 2019 – Shelved as: read-in-2019
February 27, 2019 – Shelved as: favourites
February 27, 2019 – Shelved as: stars-5
February 27, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Paritoshika (new) - added it

Paritoshika Singh Great review Ivana! Though this book still sits on my TBR. ;)>

Bridgette Great review! A Court of Mist and Fury is even better.

Ivana - Diary of Difference Thank you both! Patritoshika, you should definitely go for it. And Bridgette, I will definitely go for A Court of Most and Fury soon, and the rest of the series.😊

Colette The second book is a complete game changer!! Bump it up on the TBR!! :)

Ivana - Diary of Difference I will definitely read it soon, Colette! x

message 6: by Julia (new) - added it

Julia  Swoons This has been on my TBR list for awhile!

Katiria Amazing review I absolutely love this book as well Ivana. :)

Ivana - Diary of Difference Hi Julia. Hope you get to read it soon. I loved it!

Thank you so much Katiria! x