Marian Snowe's Reviews > Pretend Girlfriend

Pretend Girlfriend by Lily  Craig

I really, really enjoyed this book. Each chapter switched between the two main characters, and I thought that was very effective. It took me a while to warm up to Celeste, but the layers of her personality were revealed over the course of the first several chapters and that helped me understand her better. She and Lane were both well-rounded and I soon found it easy to sympathize with them.

The Mediterranean setting was beautiful and evocative, and I enjoyed the way scenes hopped between ports as the yacht visited them. I was also very much caught up in the complex push and pull of Celeste and Lane's relationship. There's an event near the end that I found pretty sudden (I'm trying to be vague to avoid spoilers), and it pulled me out of the story a little. I was looking forward to finding out how Celeste and Lane were going to navigate the the challenges they were facing with each other, and that event kind of gave them an easy way out.

Still, I really got caught up in the characters and their journey, and I was ultimately happy with how everything turned out. It was a great read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretend Girlfriend.

January 15, 2019 – Started Reading