Cactuskid's Reviews > Visions from a Foxhole: A Rifleman in Patton's Ghost Corps

Visions from a Foxhole by William A. Foley Jr.

Feb 02, 2012

Hard to say I really liked this book because of the content but it IS a good book, one that a lot of people ought to read that don't have a clue what WAR is and yet think they know it all. This really tells what it was like to be a soldier during WWII. And this soldier didn't even get over to Germany until the end of Jan. 1945. I don't know how these men and boys did what they did but Foley "recaptures that desperate, nerve-shattering struggle in all its horror and heroism". Also included are scenes he drew while at the front lines, sketched from the foxhole. His art work has been shown in museums, art buildings and government buildings. He went to Germany when he was 18 but didn't write this book until in his 70's. After 50 years he finally joined his 94th group and went back to visit some of the places where he fought during the war. I'd highly recommend reading this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Visions from a Foxhole.