Bookphenomena (Micky) 's Reviews > The Perfect Date

The Perfect Date by Evelyn Lozada

did not like it
bookshelves: 2019-read, arc-read, netgalley, hot-mess, jerk, hated, sports, cover-cute

I’m not sure what I just read but it didn’t live up to the blurb or the sweetness of that cover, the two things that drew me in to requesting this ARC. I am going to keep this short as I don’t have a lot to say that isn’t critical. The story and characters were a hot mess. I couldn’t stand the male MC, I wanted to like Angel but she grated over time. The story felt like a parody-but-serious take on the real housewives of somewhere with more drama than you can imagine. In addition, there were also some factual inaccuracies that grated.

*EDITED ONE DAY AFTER FINISHING*
This book is still on my mind for the wrong reasons and so I went to look at who the author was and not only was this co-written with a professional writer but the main author is on a TV series called Basketball Wives. Call my review validated, I did not know this when I wrote the above review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Date.

February 13, 2019 – Shelved
May 25, 2019 – Started Reading
May 26, 2019 –
35.0% "I'm unsure about this book but holding my judgement."
May 26, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Kimberly I felt the same. The cover screams cuteness but failed to deliver on that front. I was frustrated by pretty much every character except Jose, especially the factual inaccuracies.

Bookphenomena (Micky) Kimberly wrote: "I felt the same. The cover screams cuteness but failed to deliver on that front. I was frustrated by pretty much every character except Jose, especially the factual inaccuracies."

The further I got in, the more disillusioned I got. Jose was a little nugget of goodness!

message 3: by Hollis (new)

Hollis I remember this cover and wow am I glad I dodged the request button. good for you for sticking it out.

Bookphenomena (Micky) Hollis wrote: "I remember this cover and wow am I glad I dodged the request button. good for you for sticking it out."

Clever dodge. Why am I not this savvy?