Amber's Reviews > The Philosophy of Andy Warhol

The Philosophy of Andy Warhol by Andy Warhol

Jul 13, 2008

bookshelves: art-nerd-sensibilities, airplane-book, essays, non-fiction, people-who-lived, required-reading-for-awesome
Read in December, 2006

I read a year later that Andy Warhol didn't even write this. Two staff members of his Interview magazine did it based on things Andy said and the way he was. But I loved and related to a lot of the ideas in the book or at least thought they were brilliant in their eccentricity. I really like the part about there are two kinds of people- people who are totally into having sex and are just so into it and the people who can't ever get into because they are so caught up in the idea of "I am having sex". I think this is a pretty fair and correct assessment. And I'm not sure if it was in here or in Holy Terror (written by one of the ghost-authors of this) where he talks about using a new perfume every 6 months and then discarding it so that scent reminds him of all of the things that happened in that period and whenever he smells it, the memories from that time will come back. I love it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Philosophy of Andy Warhol.

09/07/2017 marked as: read

Neil P thanks for this review. enlightening and helps with project I'm working on.