Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)'s Reviews > Suspicious Minds

Suspicious Minds by Gwenda Bond

Marked as DNF 2/11/19: Admittedly, I didn't make it far with this but I was struggling right from the start. I just didn't feel like this translated well into a book at all. I'm not sure I've ever read an adaptation of a movie or TV show aside from the Clarissa Explains It all adult contemporary adaptation, which also felt clunky and awkward.

The Stranger Things TV show just has something special that does so well in so few words. I love that so many things happen in scenes witnessed, stolen moments, little gestures, relationships between the characters... Truthfully, Terry's story wasn't one I was really interested in but I'm always up for prequels of my favorites. I just didn't feel captured by her story at all and unlike other prequels where you know what's coming but still can't look away, I more felt like we already know what happens to Terry and I just dind't have a connection with her at all. Maybe that's unfair considering we really CAN'T get to know her in the TV show, but it was a book about two characters that I didn't have an attachment to so I just couldn't get into it.

I also didn't care about the time period. I have much more nostalgia for the 80s and 90s but the 60s and 70s don't particularly interest me so I wasn't pulled into the book through that either.

When I decided to stop listening to the audiobook, I checked to see how much time I had left and it was still five hours. It seemed like a quick book but I was already actively not interested so I just decided to call it quits instead of forcing myself to push through it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Suspicious Minds.

February 12, 2019 – Shelved
February 12, 2019 – Shelved as: did-not-finish
February 12, 2019 – Shelved as: audiobook
February 12, 2019 – Shelved as: from-pub-listening-library
February 12, 2019 – Shelved as: ya

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Out of the Bex Girl, preach. Im half done now and it is extremely hard to get through. Ugh.