Dee Montoya's Reviews > The Unhoneymooners

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren

FIVE SUPER FUN STARS*****

The hilarious plot combined with the tropical setting, make this enemies to lovers story an absolute winner!!!!

The fantastic duo of romance attacks again, by writing this super fun romantic story that will be impossible to forget. We are transported to the beautiful beaches of Maui where a pair of enemies will fall in love while attending their respective siblings honeymoon.

Ethan and Olivia hate each other. Never mind that their siblings are getting married, these two can hardly stand to be in each others presence for more than five minutes, before everything turns into a disaster.

Olivia Torres is the poster child for bad luck. Something bad is always happening to her. Contrast to her identical twin sister Ami, who's luck is always shinning bright. On the day of Ami's wedding, Olivia is following all her sister's instructions to the 'T, to ensure her special day goes by as smooth as possible. But when disaster occurs and Olivia is offered to take her sister's place on her honeymoon to Maui Olivia is very hesitant, specially since she has to take the trip with her nemesis, Ethan.

Can this trip to Maui be just another disastrous event in Olivia's life or will it become the trip that will change her luck for the better?

Let me tell you, I was laughing non-stop while reading this book. Coming a from a large Hispanic family, I appreciated and really enjoyed how this authors were able to showcase the Mexican culture of the family in such an authentic way. It was not only funny but very endearing. And while love was the main idea of the story, family love, and loyalty were a big aspect of this novel.
I would highly recommend this book to EVERYONE. It is the perfect summer read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unhoneymooners.

February 12, 2019 – Shelved
April 5, 2019 – Shelved as: my-fictional-boyfriends
April 5, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley
April 5, 2019 – Shelved as: rom-com
April 5, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Fabulous review Dee!💖😉

message 2: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Montoya Thanks Kat!

Melissa Great review, Dee! Not my favorite of theirs, but still good for a laugh.