Bookbesties's Reviews > Soul in Darkness

Soul in Darkness by Wendy Higgins

bookshelves: arcs

Where to start! This book was such r roller coaster and a fun one at that!

I knew going in it was a Greek Mythology story, but didn't really know the main characters,(because I wanted it to be a surprise to me) So, I went in blind, but knew since it was Greek Mythology it would be interesting(because those Gods were cray).

We Meet Psyche, the most beautiful girl/woman on her small island and adored by all. Her small island of people adored her so much, they forgot about the adoring the Gods, with offerings. The gods, namely one is NOT HAPPY and sets out on a plan to teach the girl who dare set herself up as GOD to worshiped buy her people a lesson. But Psyche isn't the girl whom the Gods think she is. She hates the attention and wants nothing more to marry off like her sisters and build a family, full of love and warmth.

The gods punish her by punishing her island and people and in order to fix it, she agrees to marry a 'monster'(Cupid) that she cannot see or touch and live in his land away from everything and everyone that she knows and love. But her 'Monster' husband turns out to not be that big of a monster and just when she thinks its going to be okay and lets her guard down and starts to love her invisible husband, BAM craziness ensues.

Psyche is put to the test when the GODS decide this is unaccepted and the fight to prove herself and her love is on!

What a ride! first, you are drawn into this amazing and sweet, and warm love story told in a way that if you are like me, had no idea about, sucked you in to the point it made you smile when they smiled. And then you are taken for a ride along with Psyche on these impossible to win task! I loved this story and they way Wendy told it was in a way that is sucked you in so much you wind up looking at the clock and realizing it's 3 in the morning and you have to get up and got to work in 4 hours, well at least it did for me!

This story was packed with sweetness, action, humor and

EPICNESS!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul in Darkness.

January 1, 2019 – Started Reading