Michelle's Reviews > Wicked with the Scoundrel

Wicked with the Scoundrel by Elizabeth   Bright

12120558

Historical Romance is becoming one of my all-time favourite genres... other than fantasy. This book kept me hooked until the very end.

Wicked with the Scoundrel is the third book in the Wicked Secrets Series. Although I have unfortunately not read the first and second book, the third is a perfect standalone story. I do intend to read the first two which probably will connect a few dots but as mentioned above I had no problem enjoying this story on it’s own. Also I look forward to book four! +1 fan.

Colin Smith reluctantly returns to England 10 years after his travels in Egypt and India. Accompanied by his business partner, Debananda Mukherjee (also known as Deb) and Deb’s sister, they hope to sell their treasures to the ton to finance their next expedition to Egypt. Colin is interested in one particular individual, Marquess of Chatwell, who is an enthusiastic collector.

The Daughter of Marquess of Chatwell, Lady Clair Harrison, attends the treasure showings with her father. She has a wonderful memory and coordinates each detail into lists when describing events in her life. However, she believes her life is quiet and rather dull, until she meets Colin whom she falls “head over ears for” and is the right amount of excitement and adventure she is looking for. Lady Clair is determined to have Colin fall in love with her, marry her and journey together to Egypt. She plots a clever plan to win over this man and improve his financial status.

Initially Colin shows no interested in Lady Clair and is even annoyed by her question about a crocodile. He soon has a change of heart when hired for a treasure hunt expedition in Bath with Lady Clair.

My all-time favourite character was Lady Clair with her matter of fact, analytically personality.

This is a well written, quirky story with very likeable characters.

** I received a copy of Wicked With the Scoundrel by Elizabeth Bright via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
#WickedWithTheScoundrel #NetGalley

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked with the Scoundrel.

February 11, 2019 – Started Reading