Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > Swing

Swing by Opal Carew

Jul 13, 2008

bookshelves: 2008-reads, erotica
Read in July, 2008

Well...As I sit here fanning myself after reading "Swing" by Opal Carew, I'm trying to decide what to say. There is ALOT of really, really, really HOT sex in this book. There's twosomes, threesomes, foursomes, vaginal sex, anal sex, oral sex, sex in private, sex in public, and light bondage. I don't think I left anything out, but surely that's enough to let you know if this is a book that will entice you or offend you!!

The only drawback I found was the lead female character. In just a few days she went from prudish monogamist to no-holds-barred sex kitten. While it made for a great book, it just didn't ring true for me...but hey it's fiction!

So if lots of lots of scorching action is what you're looking for, look no further. As for me, I'm off to read "Blush", Carew's next offering...and I'll be sure to have something cool to drink and my cigarettes handy!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swing.

07/14/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Eastofoz (new) - added it

Eastofoz LOL Julie! Nice review :D Be quick to review BLUSH--I'm debating if I should get it or not (no pressure--lol!) 8-)

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura Hi, Julie--
Didn't you love it? I was so surprised by this one because I had heard it wasn't any good. But I just loved it. You'll love "Blush" too. Now you can see why Carew has quickly become one of my fav authors. She is very good!

Something I didn't mention in my review. My parents were "swingers" back in the 60s when I was growing up. And they were big-time Corporate America. Yeah, "swinging" was really rampant back then. Only back then they called it "wife-swapping," which really threw me when I started reading this novel. Ha! So I had to update my lingo. *grin*

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Author of Paranormal Romance and Erotica Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (to read excerpts from my novel series)
http://laura-stamps8.livejournal.com (my Author blog...updated daily)

Heather Ok! Im moving this to the top of my list! I have heard a lot of positive reviews about this one! Cant wait... great review! ;-)

H

message 4: by Persephone (last edited Oct 22, 2009 05:29PM) (new)

Persephone Jones The only drawback I found was the lead female character. In just a few days she went from prudish monogamist to no-holds-barred sex kitten. While it made for a great book, it just didn't ring true for me...

I think this was my main complaint, too. Other than that it was an entertaining read. If people have an open mind, I recommend this book.