Bookbesties's Reviews > Appetites & Vices

Appetites & Vices by Felicia Grossman

This book was not at all what I expected, and I mean that in the best way possible! First, it is set in America. Second, it talks about the discrimination of Jewish people in high society as it was at the time. And third, it shines a light on the dangerous misuse of opium and the never ending addiction that its users fight against. I truly love it when a Historical Romance Author has the courage to show the true history of the era and the struggles of its people all while building the life changing love stories that keep me coming back for more. This book is all of that and more!
Ursula Nunes is the only child of the wealthy Jewish banker, Judah Nunes, and she has her mind set on marrying her Christian best friend Hugo Middleton. Too bad his family is refusing to let that happen based completely on her faith. In desperate need to prove her worth to his parents she makes a deal with the one man she thinks she is immune to his charms. Or is she?
Jay Truitt has done everything he can to stay away from his parents’ home for the last two years as he has been fighting addiction. On the night of his return he has a chance encounter with a damsel in distress who he thinks may just solve all his problems. Little does he know just how right he is.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will be adding it to my bookshelf as soon as possible.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Appetites & Vices.

Finished Reading