Akilah's Reviews > Deeper Dating: How to Drop the Games of Seduction and Discover the Power of Intimacy

Deeper Dating by Ken Page

bookshelves: 2019, feb, self-help

The most helpful chapters to me here were the ones on the attractions of inspiration and deprivation because they honestly helped me learn more about myself and my relationships than most other books I've read. Everything after that was your standard self-help book fare, I thought, so if you're new to self-help, the whole thing will probably be super helpful. If you're pretty familiar with the genre, it'll be the first half of the book.

Also, and I will keep saying this, so many of these books on dating assume that the people reading find it easy to date or have people lining up at their doors. While Page does acknowledge that you may want to practice these skills with friends if you're not currently dating, there is a lack of "and for those of you who don't attract people, here's something for you." I don't know. It just bugs me is all.

I know people get mad when I'm all, "A little acknowledgement for the fuggos in the back," but, you know...a little acknowledgment for the fuggos (or unapproachables if I'm being kind) is all I'm asking for here.

3.5 stars, rounding up
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deeper Dating.

Started Reading