Terry's Reviews > The Standby Guy

The Standby Guy by Natasha Moore

4 1/2 Stars!

Katie lost her husband years ago and has raised their son by herself ... well with the help of Carter. Carter was Katie's husband's best friend and takes his promise to look after Katie and her son very serious. They even moved in next door to each other so that he would be close by if she needed help. But when Katie's son goes off to college, she deicides that she want "me time" to tick off things on the list she's been keeping for years of the things she wants to do when her son leaves home. When Carter needs a "girlfriend" to help land a big client, Katie volunteers so that she can tick a couple of things off her Katie List. And maybe Carter could help her get back into the dating game.

I loved this book ... it was just so real. I just loved Katie and Carter and could just feel the electricity between them jumping off the pages ... the only ones that didn't know it was them! This book has a little bit of everything in it ... romance, laughs, steam and drama! I also really liked that they were older ... not many books feature couples over 40. You don't wanna miss this down to earth romance!

I received an early copy courtesy of Entangles Publishing through NetGalley in exchange for a honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Standby Guy.

Started Reading