Carolyn's Reviews > Something in the Wine

Something in the Wine by Tricia Stringer

19559507

bookshelves: australian-author, 2019, netgalley-2019, netgalley, relationships, romance

Keely Mitchell has taken three months off from her teaching career in South Australia with the intention of traveling north up the coast of WA. Instead she finds herself recuperating from a medical emergency and accepts an offer from Euan Levallier, a friendly stranger she met on the plane, to come and stay with him and his son Flynn at his winery in Margaret River. As she recovers, she finds herself getting involved in the life of the town and helping out in the winery. She also can't help noticing the tension between Euan and his son as Flynn wants to try out new wines and techniques and Euan wants to stick with what has worked for them so far.

This was an enjoyable romance set in the vines of Margaret River. It's a beautiful region I have stayed in many times and I felt the author got the vibe of the district, the tourism, the surf beaches and the local people just right. She was also very well informed on grape growing and wine making and the problems that wine makers face and this made for an interesting backdrop to the story. It was good to see Keely's personality growing as she fell in love with the town and its people so that she had the strength to face up to the things in her life that were making her unhappy before and look ahead to a much happier future.

With thanks to Netgalley and Harlequin Australia for a digital ARC to read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something in the Wine.

February 11, 2019 – Shelved
March 11, 2019 – Shelved as: netgalley
March 11, 2019 – Shelved as: relationships
March 11, 2019 – Shelved as: romance
March 12, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Kylie D Great review Carolyn, I've got this one coming up soon, so it was good to see such a positive review :)

Carolyn Rural romance is not my usual genre Kylie but I enjoyed the story and a change of pace :)

message 3: by Dale (new)

Dale Harcombe Great review. Even better that you liked it so much when it i not your go to genre Carolyn.

message 4: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Oh yeah, I go and stay with strangers I meet on planes all the time 😂 terrific review, Carolyn 💖

Carolyn Felicia wrote: "Oh yeah, I go and stay with strangers I meet on planes all the time 😂 terrific review, Carolyn 💖"

Yeah, that is a bit unusual and doesn't sound good, but it kind of works! She doesn't know anyone else in town and her wallet with cash and cards were stolen when she passed out so she is destitute and doesn't want her parents dashing over to bring her home.