Demetra's Reviews > Overture

Overture by Skye Warren

bookshelves: arcs, e-books

4,5 stars

Before I started reading “Overture”, I didn’t realize that it was an age-gap romance. This genre is not one of my favorites, but the way Skye Warren wrote this story just worked out for me!!

Liam has been Samantha’s guardian for the past 6 years. Even though he’s 16 years older, he can’t help but notice her and feel attracted to her.

Samantha is nearing 18 and in a few months she’ll be leaving the house behind. She’s been having fantasies about Liam for a while but his cold demeanor kept her away. Liam is evoking feelings inside her she can’t resist and needs him to be hers before she leaves.

There is undeniable attraction between them, but Liam knows that is wrong to act on it. It’s not just the age difference; he has secrets regarding her father’s death. He tries to keep away but his feelings are tormenting him.

Through the story I felt the tension between them and the secrets lurking in the shadows. The mystery about what happened with her father made the story even more interesting. After that cliffhanger ending I can’t wait to get my hands on “Concerto”!!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Overture.

February 10, 2019 – Shelved