KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕'s Reviews > Roma Queen

Roma Queen by Callie Hart

bookshelves: 2019-arcs, part-of-a-series, romance, 2019-read, 5-stars

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

’ROMA QUEEN’ is the final instalment in Callie Hart’s ‘Roma Royal’s Duet’. Spoken in 'Dual POV's" It picks up right where the first book left off.

After ‘Roma King’ and how it left off, my anticipation levels were high with the need to get my hands on ‘Roma Queen’ and let me tell you this book here did not disappoint, many twists and turns kept me glued to my iPad right up till the end.

Quick catch up: In Roma King we fell in love with these two star crossed lovers, neither knew of the other, they had never met, but they mysteriously dreamt about the other in dream form which occurred for many years. Over the years, whenever I've woken up and tried to wrap my head around her, she's evaporated into thin air, slipping through my fingers like grains of sand through an hour glass. Now, she's a tangible, living, breathing thing. The adventure started off with a 911 call outside Zara’s apartment which led Zara to a mysterious Midnight Fair trying to save a wee boy from the clutches of a killer. A series of events led Zara and Pasha into each others arms.

And it ends with the ringing of the phone outside of Zara’s apartment again, only this time Pasha picks up and he’s been given instructions to follow. The man on the other end of the line, Lazlo has murdered a small innocent young boy, and now apparently he has Zara’s friend Sarah. Now it’s a race against time to find Lazlo and rescue Sarah before she meets her fate like the wee boy. Many years ago Pasha had thought he’d killed Lazlo but apparently not because as it turns out he’s still very much alive and his interest in small boys has apparently not stopped.

A little boy is dead, an aunt I never knew I had is being held captive, and the devil has risen from the dead.

To keep Sarah safe Pasha has to go back to his roma family and accept the crown, and try and get his people to vote him back in as their King subsequently taking the reins off his mother. He's never wanted the responsibility his family have tried to lay on his shoulders.

Last chance to f#ck a prince," Pasha rumbles.
"Oh yeah? I'm pretty sure f#cking a king will be much the same."
"Hell no. F#cking a king is wa worse. They're super eintitled. They know they've reached the top of their game, so they don't have to try any more. Things are only gonna go downhill from here, Firefly."

It's not going to be an easy ride for starters he'd turned his back on his family for three years when he was banished for apparently killing a man, and then he's brought a stranger into the mix, he's going to have a tough time convincing them to vote for him.

These two were perfect together, she was tough, a fire cracker, he's a smoking hot, fighter, together they ignited off the pages with their passion.

I enjoyed ‘Roma King’ but I loved ‘Roma Queen.’ The author pulled out all the stops and gave us more of everything!! A slow burn that quickly ignited, I loved everything about this book. All those niggly questions that were left unanswered in book#1 get answered and we get caught up to speed with everything. Such a unique, unputdownable duet, I’m sad that this has come to an end.🖤

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roma Queen.

February 10, 2019 – Shelved
February 13, 2019 – Started Reading
February 13, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-read
February 13, 2019 – Shelved as: 5-stars
February 13, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)

Jodie Excited to see what you think, I am starting it tomorrow. Callie is one of my favorite authors ♥️♥️

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Jodie wrote: "Excited to see what you think, I am starting it tomorrow. Callie is one of my favorite authors ♥️♥️"

I’m late in starting I watched tv last night ( the walking dead) and then fell asleep lol
Starting this one now. Enjoy!! ❤️

message 3: by Sanaa Z. (new)

Sanaa Z. Happy reading ❤ excited to see what you think!

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Sanaa ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆ wrote: "Happy reading ❤ excited to see what you think!"

Thank you!!😊

☾☆ Nikki. ✿ Ooooh enjoy!!! <3

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ ☾☆ Nikki. ✿ wrote: "Ooooh enjoy!!! <3"

Thank you!! 😊

MissDemeanor Enjoy! I can't wait for this. I loved the first one. :)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ MissDemeanor wrote: "Enjoy! I can't wait for this. I loved the first one. :)"

Not long to wait ❤️ Loved the first book also

Elle's Book Blog Enjoy!!!!

message 11: by Nilufer (new) - added it

Nilufer Ozmekik Sounds like a great book and great review. I’m adding it to my read-list. Thank you🙏🏻

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Nilufer wrote: "Sounds like a great book and great review. I’m adding it to my read-list. Thank you🙏🏻"

Read the first book, only a few days and this one will be released ❤️

Eve (Between The Bookends) Glad you enjoyed it Kat! Is there any OW drama in this second book?? :D

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ The only drama is from the hero’s mother, other than her zilch

Eve (Between The Bookends) KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ wrote: "The only drama is from the hero’s mother, other than her zilch"

Rock on! Thanks for the deets! :D

MissDemeanor Uggghh your review is perfect! I can’t wait for this! ❤️❤️❤️

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ MissDemeanor wrote: "Uggghh your review is perfect! I can’t wait for this! ❤️❤️❤️"

Thank you!! You are going to luv this one xox

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth Glad this one was a winner, Kat!

message 21: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic Awesome review, Kat! :D

Mindy Lou's Book Review Great review, Kat! 🙂

message 23: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Wonderful review, Kat! Glad it was a winner! 💜

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Nazanin wrote: "Wonderful review, Kat! Glad it was a winner! 💜"

Mindy Lou's Book Review wrote: "Great review, Kat! 🙂"

Beatrice wrote: "Awesome review, Kat! :D"

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕ KICKASS review beotch!! <3 xoxo

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕ wrote: "KICKASS review beotch!! <3 xoxo"

Thank you!! xox

message 27: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Excellent review KAT!!💖😉

message 29: by Radd Reader (new) - added it

Radd Reader Great review!

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Radd Reader wrote: "Great review!"

Thank you so much!! xox

Nikki ღ Navareus Spectacular review, Kat! 😘

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ Nikki ღ Navareus wrote: "Spectacular review, Kat! 😘"

Natalie The Biblioholic Absolutely mah-velous! xoxo