Rachel's Reviews > Luck of the Devil

Luck of the Devil by Meghan March

bookshelves: 2019-favorites, arc-reads, read-in-2019

What can I say without spoiling this series? As usual, Meghan March has written the middle of a trilogy that both moves the overall storyline along, gives deeper insight into all of the characters, and keeps me on the edge of my seat.

Indy and Forge keep getting better. The questions continue to swirl as Indy tests out who she can and should trust. Indy must face pieces of her past she didn’t know existed, while determining if she and Forge have a stopwatch counting down their time together or if there could be more for them. There is so much going on between them and around them, that it is difficult to tell truth from lie and all the lines are blurred.

These two have so many layers, particularly Forge. Indy is such a strong, vibrant, determined character, that even as she faces new threats, she is constantly reevaluating what she knows. But it is really Forge who we see a different side of in Luck. He is just as short and demanding as always, often grating in the way he demands his way. But we also see a more protective, almost soft side as he learns to navigate Indy and her needs.

This trilogy has me constantly reevaluating my predictions, surprised at the direction the twists take each and every time. Meghan March’s trilogies always have me wanting to devour each book as soon as it arrives and savor it at the same time. They also make me wish I could speed up time to shorten the time between,, because that ending has me asking so many more questions that I thought possible.

I received a copy for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Luck of the Devil.

Started Reading