Christina's Reviews > Passion and Ink

Passion and Ink by Naima Simone

20680926

Read 2 times. Last read February 9, 2019.

*I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.

This is the second installment of this series and although it could be read as a stand-alone, don’t. You’ll get a better feel for the characters if this is read in sequence.

After reading this author for the first time with the debut book in this series, I was hooked. Not only was the story line compelling enough to keep my interest engaged, the way it was written and told was perfect. So when I saw that this book was out, I had to jump at the chance to read it. And man oh man, dare I say I that enjoyed this even more than the first?!

Cypress is struggling. After leaving her “fancy” job that was more headache than it was worth, she packed up her bags and headed home to Chicago. But it’s not for reasons you might think. Her mom suffered a heart attack and she’s now taking on financial provider and emotional supporter while working at a dive bar. Sounds fun huh? Nope. So when the hottest man she’s ever seen walks in to the bar (sounds like a pick up line), she throws all caution to the wind and goes for that one night stand. But....well...there’s always a but, right?

Jude has a lot going on in his life right now. Although he’s an extremely talented tattoo artist, he feels like he’s been living in his brothers shadows. Add on the fact that he’s got a crazy ex who’s a complete stalker and living the country is sounding like the perfect way to start over. That is, until he walks in to a bar (yep, that bar). And dang it if that doesn’t complicate things even more.

This book is amazing! Yes, it has the whole “step-sibling” thing going on, but it’s done so well, it’s not icky or taboo. The sexual chemistry between these two is beyond hot, but it’s honestly the story, the drama and the love that kept me turning the pages. I might have even fist pumped like the Breakfasts Club at the end. There’s one more brother.....please let Simon get his book too!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Passion and Ink.

Finished Reading