Tari's Reviews > A Gift of Bones

A Gift of Bones by Carolyn Haines

It definitely doesn't have to be Christmastime to enjoy an awesome book set at Christmas. I had picked this one up at the library, because I'd seen different people online had read and liked it. Even though I had never read any of the previous books, I wasn't a bit lost. And it didn't take me long at all to get to know the characters and feel like they were good friends. It definitely made me want to start reading this series from the beginning, so that I can savor all the fun, humor and Coleman-history moments!

Christmas miracles can definitely happen as readers will see when for one, Zinnia, Mississippi gets its first-in-a-long-time Christmas snow, siblings get reunited and a sick little baby receives care he needs. I loved this whole mystery and even though there wasn't a murder, I was so caught up in trying to figure things out, that I almost didn't notice. Once a few clues were dropped, I had an idea of what was going on, but not the person who was in control of all this.

I was laughing as I was reading about the Christmas pageant that Coleman, sheriff and Sarah's boyfriend, was describing to her as they drove home after the case was solved and the perp taken away. The flying baby Jesus doll had to be hysterical! I love this author's style and sense of humor, and it will be my extreme pleasure to read more in this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Gift of Bones.

February 9, 2019 – Started Reading