Darcy's Reviews > Fantasy Lover

Feb 01, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: 2012, audio-book, listened-to-at-work, pnr, greek-mythology
Read on February 01, 2012

I decided that I would tackle this series, I seem to be the only person on the face of the earth that hasn't read it yet. My library has the audios, so I decided that that would be the route I would take, as it would entertain me while at work.

I feel like I have read this book before, or something similar. The characters were blah for me and I had a hard time buying into the premise of it.

I am going to give this series one more try with the next book and hope things get better.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fantasy Lover.

05/17 marked as: read

Suzie Quint I read a few of hers and they were okay, I thought, except that pretty quickly I felt like I was reading the same story over & over with only minor changes. So didn't work for me.

Darcy I know what you mean about the same thing. Sometimes that happens with series that has a couple of the book. If I know that going in, I can not read them all one after another, that usually helps.

PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•* I havent read this series yet but have heard great things on it too. I am listening to the Audio Book of "Dark Prince" which is another first book in a series I heard great things on. BUT i just cant seem to get as into it as I would have hoped, and I am wondering if its because of the pace of the reader in the Audio Book. I think i might just stay away from them. Was this your first Audio Book too?

Darcy Daisy, this isn't my first audio book. I tend to read/listen to 4-5 a week. I will say that the narrator can make or break a book. There are some series that I "read" exclusively by audio as I don't think I could read the traditional book. I also really like to re-read books by audio, it gives a person a different perspective.

The book you are listening too, Dark Prince, who is it by?

PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•* Its by CHristine Feehan I think that's how her name is spelled. I didn't like the audio book I might try 1 more and that's it.

Darcy I wondered if that was the one. I read that series and like it. I don't know that I have listened to any of this series.

People either seem to really like this series or not. I know some people got tired of the books as they thought it was the same thing over and over again. To some degree it is, but there was enough different to keep me reading.

message 7: by DM (new) - rated it 4 stars

DM Daisy:
I enjoyed the first few of Christine Feehan's "Dark Series"... probable book 1-4ish, then they did become "cookie-cutter"... she also has the Ghost walker series. (genetically altered soldier with psy powers, who then have "mates"... better than the Vamp series :)

Darcy I really like the Ghostwalker series too. I agree with Darcie Mae that it is better than the Carpathians.