BookChic Club's Reviews > Breaking Up is Hard to Do: Stories About Falling Out of Love by Four Incredible Authors

Breaking Up is Hard to Do by Niki Burnham

Feb 01, 2012

I was really excited to get this anthology and am so glad I did. All four authors are amazing, and write such fantastic and unique tales. Niki's story is told from a guy's point of view and is pretty funny with Sam, the protagonist, putting in little snarky asides to the reader. Terri's story is an extremely hilarious paranormal story that has a very awesome girl power message. Ellen's story is told in her usual verse format and brings a fresh style to the anthology, and is as addicting to read as her verse novels. And, finally, Lynda's story brings in the sexual orientation aspect with her main character being a lesbian, adding a new level to this anthology; her story is written really well and is very heartwarming to read (after the breakup bit, lol). A wonderful anthology from four unbelievably great authors, and one that everyone should read. All the stories end on a very hopeful note, so don't shy away from this if you think it'll be depressing, much like I thought it would be once the full idea of the anthology sunk in, since I was pulled in by the amazing authors contributing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Up is Hard to Do.