Cyndi Becker's Reviews > Tomboy

Tomboy by Avery Flynn

As I was getting ready to read Tomboy I'd been asked what was I was about to read and was I looking forward to it. My answer was Tomboy, with a resounding YES!. Once again Avery Flynn delivered a sweet, hilarious, and sexy love story centered on Fallon Hartigan and Zach Blackburn.

We met Zach in Muffin Top, as Lucy Kavanaghs' bad boy Ice Knights hockey captain client. He seemed like a massive jerk, and indeed I felt that way at first. But there is nothing better than a redeemable jerk and Zach redeemed himself with gusto. We learn just why Zach is so closed off. For good reason he has cause to distrust. Letting Fallon into his house will mean he not only does he needs to open the door to her, but he must put aside his fear of real intimacy.

Fallon is only there to help by the request of her BFF Lucy. She has no good other great reason to be there except that she loves the Ice Knights, but the captain…eh, not so much. Which is completely in line with most of Harbor City. When Fallon inadvertently becomes #LadyLuck to Zach, the power of social media creates the #TeamZuck movement and negotiations for Fallons’ time take on a new, and fun meaning. Zachs' “LL” begins to influence the transformation of the much disliked captain. But when Zachs' past refuses to stay in the past and he begins experiencing the old self-defeating emotions, Fallon shows him just how strong (and maybe a bit wrong) she can be.

In Harbor City, with the Hartigan siblings, Avery Flynn creates a world with real life characters and all the emotions, giving the reader all the feels. I really love how she takes what some would perceive as flawed characteristics and turns them into such positives. A great reminded that no one is perfect and flaws are opportunities to unite people. With a million series out there, this one is among my favorites and one I highly recommend.

*I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tomboy.

February 9, 2019 – Started Reading