Emma's Reviews > The Goddess Test

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Feb 01, 2012

bookshelves: favorites

Cover Thoughts: Honestly, this series got on my radar strictly because of the beautiful book covers. Just based off the cover and the title I would guess that this is a story that takes place in a rainforest. It's about a girl who discovers she is related to the "Gods" and when she finds out the Fates begin to test her.

Why did I read this? I loved the cover and I loved the topic. After reading the summary, in some weird way it all reminded me of Beauty and the Beast with a immortal twist.

Thoughts: It is a rare day when a book is able to keep me guessing. This book was full of twists and turns and I had very little idea what could be around the next corner. Major props to the author in that respect.

I have read a bunch of books lately dealing with the God of the Underworld kidnapping Persephone tale. Okay, so maybe not a bunch but at least three! I honestly could care less if a story sticks to the original myth. Seriously what is the point of taking your own spin of an old tale if you can't take any creative license? With that in mind, this book takes the cake for me. Forget all the other recently published novels about the subject and just read this. I'm really not kidding.

I've read some reviews where people are ticked that the characters who were inspired by certain Gods and Goddesses were really nothing like them. To that I have to refer back to the word inspired. This is a completely different tale folks.

I just love all the different stories that are weaved throughout the main story. I love the relationships between the characters. I just need you to read this so we can, hopefully, spend an afternoon gushing over virgin fuzzy navels. The end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Goddess Test.

February 1, 2012 – Shelved