Caroline F's Reviews > Cruel Sanctuary

Cruel Sanctuary by Tara  Leigh

bookshelves: arc, dual-pov, billionaire-millionaire, politics, cliffhanger, rwa, enemies-to-lovers

This was a brilliant, thrilling read!

"The man is a savage dressed in a bespoke suit. A sinfully sexy savage."

Aislinn Granville is political strategist who quit her job to work for her father, the DA who has his eye on the mayorship for NYC. However, when a potential career-breaking conversation comes to light, everything she believed about her father is brought into question. Furthermore, she's become a walking target for a dangerous cartel that her father is trying to take down. It seems that the only person who can keep her safe is the mysterious Damon King.

"Aislinn Granville is more than just a tribute from one of my subjects. She is a trophy. A prize."

Damon King has NYC in his stranglehold. Immensely wealthy and brilliant of mind, he is more powerful than anyone can actually comprehend. He has the city in the palm of his hand, but Aislinn is the ultimate prize. He's waited years to have her and now it's his job to protect her. Even if it means that he virtually needs to kidnap her and lock her up in his home.

"I'm trapped here, in this room, by this man. And yet I've never felt more free."

From their first meeting, the chemistry between Damon and Aislinn is immediate. No matter how hard Aislinn denies and fights it, there is no mistaking the sizzling attraction between them. Damon is unquestionably an alpha of the first degree. He is demanding and commanding. He exudes power and sex. He appears to be holding all the cards and all the knowledge. However, Aislinn is no pushover. She pushes hard against his pull. And when she gives in? OMGeeeee, does she give in! These two absolutely vibrate with desire and their intimate scenes are combustible! *fans self*

"With every minute I spend in her company, she crawls deeper beneath my skin, threatening to open my tightly closed heart."

This story was fast-paced, intriguing, suspenseful, oh-so-freakin'-sexy, and also beautifully tender as the status quo starts to change between Damon and Aislinn. I'm so ready for the conclusion to their story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cruel Sanctuary.

February 9, 2019 – Shelved