Just My Bucking Book Blog's Reviews > On the Island

On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves

Feb 01, 2012

I bought On The Island on iBooks just for the simple fact that i've never read a novel like it before and thought I would give it a shot.

It was the best €2.49 I've ever f**king spent!

I began reading the novel at 12:30 a.m. (insomnia was acting up) and I read it within five hours! That's right even when I got tired I couldn't put my iTouch down, I eventually went to bed at 5.30 a.m. even though I had to get up at 7 a.m. for a school run. I literally did not even care the book is 100% amazing and well worth the few hours of lost sleep.

The first thing that struck me in the book was the realism it contained and the fact that something like this could actually happen and has happened to many people. I love that about a book the possibility that it could happen to someone (not that I would want this to happen to somebody but you get what I mean... I hope).

The characters attitudes and survival instincts are awesome, they made they best out of a bad situation time and time again and even had some real romance that build up over a long period of long which gets a huge thumbs up from me.

I don't understand how this can be Tracey's first novel, seriously its beautifully written with an awesome story line. From start to finish I enjoyed the book and the epilogue made me smile so much, I loved that everything worked out for them and they got their HEA!

Definitely will be reading this book again!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Island.