Tiera McMillian's Reviews > Gypsy Freak

Gypsy Freak by Kristy Cunning

liked it
bookshelves: feb2019

2.5 stars.. rounded up... grudgingly. I was super excited to get in to this book after enjoying the first one so much.. Unfortunately if it wasn't for the last 25% of this book I would have given up on this series completely! For at least the first 35% it was written so random, and with absolutely no cohesion what so ever that I was constantly going back to reread things just because I couldn't even figure out whose viewpoint I was in.. I was so lost. Not only all that, but Anna... wtf. Your going to go and take my most favorite sister from another mister out of this story... I don't even know... Finally after 75% of the book the author finally starts making sense.. and it wasn't like things just came to light that made the whole book make sense, it was like the writing started actually making a cohesive picture and I was finally able to get into the story. Book 2 was just a train wreck until 75%.. in fact if I were to do it over again, I might just read book 1, the last 25% of book 2 and then jump right into book 3 because I don't even think the reader would actually miss anything doing it this way..

So at 75% all the bickering, and long winded explanations that don't actually explain anything, as well as all the vague posturing, and petty disputes over Violet, and mind games that play at being clever but are actually just quite annoying stop.. for the most part, and we really start getting some answers. After fighting between the wolves and vampires because of Arion coming out early escalate, and groups of wolves are found dead, Violet finds herself caught in the middle. Emit is then captured and as the perpetrators come forward and reveal their plans.. Violet demonstrates her .."resilience" as well as why she should never, ever, panic.

I'm really hoping book 3 starts out where book 2 leaves off and we don't have to go through this mess again and we can really get some answers. Crossing my fingers..
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gypsy Freak.

February 8, 2019 – Started Reading