Tari's Reviews > Death by Chocolate Malted Milkshake

Death by Chocolate Malted Milkshake by Sarah Graves

bookshelves: feb-2019-ereader-challenge

It seems like it's been a year or the better part of a year since I read the first book in the series, so I was glad to be able to get an ARC of this one from NetGalley. It was just as good a mystery and roller-coaster ride as I remember describing the first book.

This book doesn't need a romantic interest for main character Jake, she's already married to a great guy named Wade, and the same for her business partner at the Chocolate Moose, Ellie. Ellie is married to George, a construction worker who is gone a lot--but he and Ellie were very happy and had a daughter. It was sad that the girls were thinking of closing their shop, which had always been their dream, but if they couldn't get more business, it seemed inevitable. Of course, just as they were getting a nice-paying wedding cake job, there was a murder to investigate--and the bride and grooms were both in jail now. Bob Arnold, the local police chief was always incredibly patient with their snooping. He never threatened to toss them in jail, but he seemed genuinely concerned for their well-being.

I loved that some of the action was true edge-of-your seat type action! The showdown with the killer was great. I had never suspected this person at all! Jake's dad cracks me up. He's an aging hippie who has just bought a brand new truck and has recovered from a heart attack. He isn't happy about being babied, so he drives around town, but always stays within the law. Dad came in handy during the showdown, that's for sure.

I really appreciate the in-depth explanation the author gives for her mysteries. In this book, it took place a week later in the form of Bob and Jake talking, then Jake's dad had some pretty awesome news for her. I'll be anxiously waiting for the next book in the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death by Chocolate Malted Milkshake.

February 8, 2019 – Started Reading